Friday, April 30, 2010

Braided Tie Booties


Braided Tie Booties, originally uploaded by choppedtomatoes.
Photo note:

"I bought a HUGE cone of teal cotton from Cancer Research Wales a while back, and 3 very time-consuming dishcloths later (with hardly a dent in the cone must I add), I had put it away in the cupboard and didn't want to look at it again! When my sister came to visit she brought along some of her yarn, and I 'inherited' a few balls of dark brown soft cotton... I loved the contrast between the two colours so I decided to knit them both together for these booties.
SIZE

To fit baby of 0-3 months
MATERIALS

1 colour double knitting weight yarn
1 fingering/baby weight yarn in a contrasting colour
1 pair of 3mm needles
BEFORE YOU BEGIN

Gauge/Tension
20sts and 30 rows = 10cm square over stockinette (stocking) stitch using 3mm needles
Abbreviations
k = knit
k2tog = knit the next 2 stitches together
m1 = make stitch by picking up yarn before next stitch and knitting into the back of made loop
p = purl
p2tog = purl next 2 stitches together
sl = slip next stitch
yo = yarn around needle

This pattern is available for free on my blog www.chopped-tomatoes.com/braided-tie-booties
You can also view pattern information and what other people have made with this pattern on Ravelry www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/braided-tie-booties

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails