Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sugar-Free Cabernet Socks

These are really neat looking socks. Here are the specs:


Pattern: Karen's Sugar-Free Diabetes Socks

Pattern Source: Gardiner Yarn Works

Yarn: Berroco Pure Merino; Cabernet colorway

Needles: (2) KnitPicks Circular size 1 US

Notes: The first time I knit this pattern, I followed the pattern as written, but this time I converted the pattern to knit these toe-up. I had no clue what I was doing in the heel section and got very lucky that it all worked out. Thankfully, Judy emailed me her toe-up heel math, so my next pair should go much better. I love the pattern stitch detail in how the finished product looks, but also that it's easy to memorize! I've knit with this yarn twice before when I made the Backyard Leaves Scarf & the Fetchings and although I did love the yarn during those two projects, I didn't really enjoy knitting with a worsted weight yarn on size one needles for these socks. I do like the finished project, but in the future I'll probably stick to lighter weight yarn when knitting socks.


Warmly yours,

--The Knit Chick

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails