Monday, October 13, 2008

Knitting Machines!

Today I was looking for something interesting to post here, and happened upon a Lego knitting machine video on YouTube.  What a riot!  I have to say I appreciate the work that went into it.  I say this as I step over my son's Lego carpeted room... Check this out:



As I continued on my was I remembered an antique sock knitter I bought off of Ebay a few years ago.  Here is a demonstration of a 1924 Gearhart Sock Knitting Machine:



When I had my knitting business, making hundreds of felt hats, some purses and bags, and Austrian style felted short jackets, I used a Studio LK 150 for the bulk of my pieces.  I then seamed the pieces together using a graft that didn't show after felting.  These two videos show the set-up and beginning use of a similar machine:




This last one is a home-made machine.  I think this is cool just to watch!


Always in motion,

--The Knit Chick

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails