Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Aspen Moon Arts Handspun Yarns


Stunning yarns, to-dye-for colors... Aspen Moon Arts makes beautiful music with fiber.


The owner tells us:

"SPRING ROSE SAGE

Handdyed and handspun supersoft and silky bamboo fiber in shades of sage green, rose, and natural off white
144 yards, 4.1 ounces, 9-10wpi, worsted weight.


Like all my handspun yarns, it was dyed with color and lightfast dyes for permanence and after I spun the fiber it was bathed in a solution containing lavender and cedar wood essential oil, a natural insect repellant. 

Bamboo is fiber is indeed made from bamboo and produces a fiber that rivals silk (I actually prefer bamboo because it's a little softer) and is made from a renewable resource. Naturally antibacterial, and perfect for warmer weather. Handwash in cool water, line dry. 

Thanks much for looking! I have many more wonderful fiber art pieces in my store! I also take special orders also for handpainted yarns and fibers."


Love it!

--The Knit Chick 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just knit a small scarf with this yarn in autumn gold... I love the softness and natural sheen of the bamboo fiber and the hand painted color variegation. There's quite a bit of variance in the tension of the twist, from almost no twist to that of a tight embroidery thread. I hope this spinner will think about producing larger amounts of same color.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails