Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Felted Sweater Knitting Basket

I found this nifty knitting basket photo this morning, and have included the info that went with it:


Felted Sweater Knitting Basket

This is a knitting basket I made from a felted wool sweater. I saw the tutorial on Martha Stewart's talk show, then found the tutorial on her website here. Part of it is hand sewn and other parts I used my machine. The hardest part of the thing was finding the perfect sweater at a thrift shop. I have to thank my mom for this find because she sent me this beautiful hand knit Irish sweater! I felt a little guilty felting it, but it is now filled with Noro Silk Garden and Kureyon and my most recent craft book purchase, Handknit Holidays. 



Happily contained,

--The Knit Chick

1 comment:

RodPrjónar said...

This is absolutely genious! What a great idea. :)


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails