Sunday, November 9, 2008

Knitting Socks

Hello,

What with the cooler weather settling in, and the holidays coming up, what better thing to do than begin a pair of socks.  If you start now, it's amazing what you can accomplish.  

I remember a few years ago I had the wild hair to knit socks for everyone for Christmas.  It was December 1st.  I knit madly when I had the spare time, and got four pairs done in two weeks!  Now, my kind of socks use either worsted weight wool (and are worn with Birkenstocks), or are made by twining two yarns together--ideally a fingering weight and a sport weight, or just two fingering weight yarns.  One nice thing about twining yarns together is the tweedy effect you can create.  Perhaps a nice green held with a fine charcoal for a heathered look.

To get you started, I found a couple of good videos to share with you.  


Here's part two:



Part Three:


And, Part Four:



Enjoy, and it's never too late to start on those gifts!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails