Monday, May 18, 2009

Skinny B.tch Knits



A friend of mine has a knitting business. Here's what she tells us about what she does:

"Not everyone who wears your size is shaped exactly like you. If you are hard to fit for any reason, I can create a custom design that looks like it's made for you--because it is.

I work with persons with disabilities, people of all sizes including 1X and beyond, or anyone who's ever been frustrated when something fits here... but not there.

You'll need to provide a list of measurements, allergies and materials preferences. I take climate into account, but also need to know if you run hot or cold. Lifestyle and occasion are also important.

You will be provided with a signed price estimate before I begin, and will never be charged more than 5% over that estimate.

Last but not least is the price: As each piece is individually designed and knit by hand, an average sweater for a size large will run around $300. Specialty stitches and high end yarns can and will up this cost.

If you would like sample swatches of my work, please send your name and address to skinnybitchknits@comcast.net

About the name: I've been all sizes and shapes throughout my life, and when I was a young girl I was bigger than my classmates. I thought of my slender peers as skinny you-know-whats. I now use that name in the most ironic sense, and hope it brings some humor along with the irony.

Cheers!
Mission:
I create custom and couture knitwear for the hard-to-fit individual.
Products:
Sweaters, hats, scarves, skirts... but no socks or gloves!





I love this sweater, with its 3/4 sleeves, and pretty neckline with the flower detail just off to one side. Of course, the colors are great!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails