Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Feral Fair Isles Side


Feral Fair Isles Side, originally uploaded by Jenn Walsh.

This is great! It is important *not* to leave out our feline furry friends. Here are the photo notes for this image:

Feral Fair Isles Side

Needles: two size 7 Knitpicks Options circulars, and size 6 Susan Bates DPNs for the ribbing for the sleeves.

Yarn: Same called for on the Knitpicks page (this is all a big ad for Knitpicks, as you can see), Swish in Capri, Sand Dune, and Truffle. The cream was Knitpicks Bare, their superwash dyeable yarn.

Pattern: Feral Fair Isles, a pattern by Amy Swenson, featured in Kristi Porter's Knitting For Dogs.

Started July 2, 2007, and Finished July 20th.

Thoughts: I looove the yarn. Swish is super soft, and I loved the feel of it. The colors are awesome, and I really like the result of the sweater. The pattern could have been a bit better- there were some mistakes, easily fixed by looking at the pictures, but the publishing company never bothered with putting up an errata page, which irked me. I need some work on my fair isle work, as the stitches where I switched colors every other stitch puckered badly.

_____

My opinion? I think it looks great!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails